Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Home.

It's where the heart is.

I've been home for about 5.5 days now, and it has been great. I've been busy figuring out what I'd like to do with my life, yes I'm having a quarter-century crisis, in some sense, and besides that I've been eating home food which equals yummy food.

Anyways, I decided to snap some photos of things around the house that came by way of my suitcase on my many travels. They all have a story to tell, just maybe not a good one.


These are glass candies that I brought back from Spain. There was a brief period in my life, when I was obsessed with finding glass candies, I don't remember why or how I became obsessed with them, but now they just collect dust at our house. I also find it strange that I preferred glass candies to the real ones... what a weird kid I was.



These are glass flowers, yes I also had an obsession with them. Again, I don't know why, but I wanted them oh so badly. I can't remember where I got these, but I do remember having them freshman year of college, and I also remember my dad being super annoyed when he had to help me lug them home. Some broke along the way =*(.





This is called a 'matli' in my language, maybe in Hindi too, anybody know? I bought this while I was on holiday in Mahabalashwar. It's a hill station in India, and if you have never been to one, I would highly recommend going. Anyways, I found this along with another matli I brought back, at a random shop on a rainy day. The other one is at my apartment, and one day I'll get around to posting a picture of it. My sister's favorite color is purple, hence the purple colored matli.

This matli brings up another thought. Indian woman who work at airline ticket counters, are gate agents, security officers, or air hostesses hate me. I don't get it, but they just love to give me a hard time. As soon as I go to a male counterpart of theirs, my life is hunky dory, but these woman just love to give me attitude. It's really freaking annoying, and trust me I'm not stereotyping, I have tested this theory about 6 times now.


This is probably one of the coolest and most personal things I have brought home. My aunt, Nina Foi as I call her, made this for my dad. She has an amazing artistic ability, so do a number of other people in my family, unfortunately I only aspire to have the abilities they have. She made this painting of Ganesha by painting acid onto a mirror. Isn't that amazing? I don't think my picture does justice to how intricate and artistic this piece of work is. Thanks Nina Foi!













1 comment:

  1. sounds like home is a blast! we miss your antics at the office :)

    ReplyDelete